Meet the Company Behind the Software
Careers with SDS/2
As the leading supplier of advanced computer software, support and training for the engineering, detailing and fabrication markets in the structural steel industry, SDS/2 is always searching for great talent. When the company finds a talented, free-thinking person that fits the SDS/2 profile, the goal is to help that person make SDS/2 his or her career.
SDS/2 respects the accomplishments of its employees. Ideas are always encouraged. Input is always welcomed. It is an environment in which every person is given the freedom to become the best he or she can be.
SDS/2 is looking for a collaborative and creative software developer to join our team. In this position, you will be working as part of a development team to create and enhance innovative solutions for our customers. Our programming environment is agile and always evolving.
- Analyze, develop, and modify software systems
- Seek new strategies and process improvements
- Function as part of a Scrum team
- Test and document software code
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities
- An understanding of and ability to apply current software development methods
- Experience with C++ or Python is a plus
- Candidates should demonstrate problem solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn on the job
- Must have either:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field
- Must have permission to work in the U.S.
- If working remotely, must have a suitable home-working environment
SDS/2 stands strong in our belief that together, we will achieve our goals within every department of the company. We offer flexible scheduling with remote work options, discretionary PTO plan for exempt positions, education assistance, plus Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Healthcare spending and reimbursement accounts such as HSA and FSA, company matched retirement plan, and many other workplace perks. SDS/2 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Location: Lincoln, NE or United States (Remote)
Job Application Guide
If you're interested in working at SDS/2, submit a cover letter and resume via the email link below. Candidates that meet our qualifications and expectations will be contacted by phone or email.Send Resume