Meet the Company Behind the Software
Careers with SDS/2
As the leading supplier of advanced computer software, support and training for the engineering, detailing and fabrication markets in the structural steel industry, SDS/2 is always searching for great talent. When the company finds a talented, free-thinking person that fits the SDS/2 profile, the goal is to help that person make SDS/2 his or her career.
SDS/2 respects the accomplishments of its employees. Ideas are always encouraged. Input is always welcomed. It is an environment in which every person is given the freedom to become the best he or she can be.
Technical Consultant - UK and Ireland
SDS/2 is looking for a talented steel detailer or draftsperson who is looking to advance their career into a more commercial direction with one of the world’s leading steel detailing software suppliers.
If you are seeking a change from the design/detailing office and would like to use your industry experience to move into the exciting world of BIM and develop skills in sales/marketing and technical support here's an opportunity to join a leader in the field. If you are already working in construction software sales or support, then this could be the next logical step in your career development. In this position you will be working as part of an expanding global team with both existing and potential customers to help promote the use of SDS/2 in their design process. SDS/2's customers include many of the best engineering, detailing and fabrication firms in the world who are continually pushing technology boundaries.
Built on a solid foundation, SDS/2 software provides sophisticated and complete solutions covering the entire construction cycle. Our products automate detailing, ordering, and communicating with shop equipment — reducing the time required to finish the job on time and under budget. Put simply, our core strengths of connection design calculations, detailing, automated fabrication and site planning can help improve your bottom line.
With new functionality for concrete, including rebar and tilt-up panels, as well as comprehensive data sharing between all project partners, SDS/2 has solidified its place as a leading provider of Building Information Modeling (BIM) software.
The Technical Consultant will have a key role in our team working closely with the UK Sales Team and Global Support Team.
In this exciting and challenging role you will:
- Carry out pre-sales technical demonstrations of SDS/2 & Fortosi
- Support potential clients through evaluations of SDS/2 and Fortosi
- Support existing clients with software implementations and provide ongoing technical support
- Assist with the preparation of training material
- Assist with industry trade shows, user events and technical seminars
- Convey customer and industry requirements to SDS/2’s R&D team
- Assist with specification work for product localization for SDS/2
- Plan and conduct regular technical/sales webinars
We're looking for candidates who:
- Have practical steel detailing experience
- Have experience using 3D detailing software such as Tekla, StruCad, Bocad or SDS/2
- Are natural and confident communicators
- Are organized, competitive and motivated to succeed
Additional skills which would be an advantage:
- Qualification in construction or engineering related field
- Customer service or technical support experience
- Understanding of construction and BIM workflows
The successful candidate must also:
- Have permission to work in the UK
- Hold a valid driving license
- Be prepared to travel within the UK and Ireland
- Be prepared for occasional international travel
Job Application Guide
If you're interested in working at SDS/2, submit a cover letter and resume via the email link below. Candidates that meet our qualifications and expectations will be contacted by phone or email.Send Resume