Keeping You Updated With Our
2012 Solid Steel Competition and Code Clash Winners AnnouncedOctober 24, 2012
You can view images of the winning projects in our Facebook album!
SDS/2 Code Clash winners:
Framing and Finishing
Bruce Vaughan of BV Detailing & Design, Inc., was named the winner of the Framing and Finishing category. This category focuses on parametrics whose main purpose is to add members or material to an SDS/2 model.
Beyond The Bolts
Nicolas Deschenes of Steltec won the Beyond the Bolts category. This category focuses on parametrics that do not add anything directly to an SDS/2 model, but instead do some type of auxiliary work, such as generating reports or some other kind of output that could be used with other software outside of SDS/2.
SDS/2 Solid Steel Competition winners:
• Grand Prize: San Diego Library Dome in San Diego, California. Submitted by SME Steel Contractors.
• Second Place: Universidad Nacional Experimental De La Seguridad (UNES) in Caracas, DF Venezuela. Submitted by Preacero Pellizzari C.A
• Grand Prize: Airbus 380 Fire Trainer in Dallas, Texas. Submitted by Alpha Fabrication Services.
• Second Place: Power Plant in Unknown. Submitted by Innovative Steel Detailing.
Customers' Choice Award
• University of Dubuque PAC in Dubuque, Iowa. Submitted by Design Build Structures.