Keeping You Updated With Our
Thirteen Steel Bridge Projects Earn National RecognitionApril 16, 2014
Thirteen incredible steel bridge projects have recently been recognized in the 2014 Prize Bridge Awards Competition. The competition is held every two years by the National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA), and recognizes innovative design and engineering achievements in structural steel bridge projects throughout the country.
The winning bridges and the teams behind them were recognized at NASCC in Toronto last month. All the bridges must be located in the United States and must have been completed and opened to traffic between May 1, 2011 and September 30, 2013.
The awards were presented to winners in several different categories:
- Major span - one or more spans greater than or equal to 400 ft.
- Long span - Longest span equal to or greater than 250 ft. but less than 400 ft.
- Medium span - Longest span equal to or greater than 140 ft. but less than 250 ft.
- Short span - No single span greater than 140 ft.
- Movable span
- Reconstructed - Having undergone major reconstruction, rehabilitation, or widening
- Special purpose - Bridge not identifiable in one of the above categories including pedestrian, pipeline, and airplane
- Accelerated bridge construction
Check out AISC’s press release to see all of the winners of this year’s Prize Bridge Award winners.
Don’t miss AISC’s Facebook album with photos of the thirteen winners and their descriptions.