Keeping You Updated With Our
OpenMind Voting Makes Impact on SoftwareMarch 3, 2014
Since launching OpenMind in 2012 to help steer future development of SDS/2, Design Data has implemented a number of enhancements as a direct result of your input. Some of the ideas completed and released in the software include: the option for a smart pointer with submaterial piecemark; the option to choose between serviceability and strength for SC bolts; the ability to show existing members as hidden lines when detailing erection views; status report by sheet; and an update through parametrics.
The release of SDS/2 2014 will include even more ideas voted on through OpenMind:
- Ability to add curved grid lines
- Option to rotate/mirror during Material Copy and Move
- Linear or Fill option with Material Copy
- Option for end-cut type in Member Edit dialog
- Option to turn off Member Orientation Indicator (MOI) when detailing erection views
- Display option for member end elevation
- Erection view member labels
- Ability to have more than three Bills of Material on a sheet
Let Your Voice Be Heard
OpenMind voting is an ongoing process, and your input is needed! To request access to OpenMind, click here. Please note you must be a current customer with a support login to access the OpenMind request form. An email will then be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “OpenMind: Please activate your new account.” This email will provide a link to activate your account, and give you the opportunity to change your password. After the activation is complete, you will be redirected to the Ideas list in OpenMind. To directly go to the OpenMind voting after your activation is complete, click here.