Keeping You Updated With Our
Top 10 little known drawing editor toolsOctober 7, 2015
The 2015 Users Group Conference was filled with two days of breakout sessions that covered a variety of topics. From modeling techniques to reporting, beginning level to expert, conference goers had many options to learn about SDS/2 and the steel industry.
Ryan Vanek, a 14-year Design Data employee, shared his top 10 little known Drawing Editor tools in one of the breakout sessions:
1. Material callout
• Can be added to material, bolts and holes.
2. Viewports and images
• Viewports can be used to split very large drawings.
• Multiple workpoints can be used in one drawing.
4. Archive drawing
• Creates an exact copy of your current member detail, submaterial detail, or 2D erection view.
5. Detail current piecemark
• Update a drawing while you’re in a drawing.
6. Sections views
• Can be cut on member details, submaterial details and erection views.
7. v2015 BOM
• BOM is now one item; no more deleting by adding a BOM with zero lines.
8. Drawing options and save detail settings
• Drawing options let you override setup for each individual member or submaterial drawing.
9. Search and replace
• Operates in your current drawing on all labels, dimensions and weld symbols.
10. Erection views
• When using labels in Erection View you should: hold the control key to rotate; shift and right click to grab
Find Vanek's presentation in the Track 1 column of this page.
Steel industry professionals from around the country came to Lincoln, Nebraska, for the 2015 Users Group Conference. Check out our photo album from this year’s conference on Facebook.