SDS/2 2020 AND NEWER: 64-bit only OS: Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise; Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional; Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate; Windows 2008 Server or newer
SDS/2 2019 AND PRIOR: 32-bit or 64-bit OS: Windows 1o Pro or Enterprise; Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional; Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate; Windows 2008 Server or newer
PROCESSOR: Any current, multi-core processor
MEMORY (RAM): 8+ GB
MOUSE: Logitech 3 or 4 button mouse
HARD DRIVE: Solid state drives are becoming more common and less expensive. Some of our customers are using them and are very happy with their speed.
- Workstation (stand-alone SDS/2): SATA drive
- Workstation (SDS/2 with data on network server): SATA drive
- Workstation (acting as data server for up to two other SDS/2 stations): SATA drive
- Server (hosting SDS/2 data): fast SATA drive or SCSI
VIDEO CARD: Any current Nvidia GeForce video card, 1 GB RAM or better; Nvidia Quadro cards are also in use. For versions 2019 and prior, the minimum screen resultions must be 1280x1024. For SDS/2 2020 and newer, the minimum screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. SDS/2 2017 and newer will require support for OpenGL 4.2 and above or Direct3D 11 and higher
NETWORK CARD: Most wired network cards are acceptable. We strongly encourage you to use a gigabit network if working in an SDS/2 client/server environment.
OTHER RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT
You will also want a surge protector or possibly even a battery backup system. We strongly suggest a backup system that backs up your SDS/2 data in multiple locations. Hub and network card are only needed if you plan on connecting multiple machines together in a server/client situation.
- You’ll need a x64-bit OS for more than 3 GB RAM.
- You don’t have to get SCSI if it’s a client and you don’t plan on serving files from the machine. SATA is cheaper and probably your best bet if your client fits these requirements.
Please contact Michael Smith at SDS/2 with specific questions at 1-800-443-0782.