We know it can seem intimidating or disruptive to upgrade to the latest version of SDS2—that's why we're coming to you! SDS2 Tech Treks offer an immersive, one-day seminar designed to help you navigate recent changes to SDS2 and take advantage of all the latest features, from the user interface to new modeling tools, specialized integrations, and more.
Your peers in the industry are already taking advantage of the latest time-saving tools, equipment and software integrations, and other upgrades. It's time for you to get up to speed!
- Discover new features and key updates from the most recent releases
- Improve your productivity with new modeling and detailing tools
- Enhance your workflows with add-ons from the SDS2 Toolbox
- Get tips and tricks to get the most out of all the latest updates
Dates & Locations
Each day-long event features a series of seminars covering new features from SDS2 2021 up to SDS2 2024, led by SDS2 technical consultants. There will be a coffee break in the morning and a break for lunch. Attendees will be responsible for procuring their own lunch and other refreshments.
Receive a full refund - minus the processing fee - if you cancel your registration 30 days before the date of the event.
*NOTE: This is not a hands-on workshop. Our dynamic lectures are designed to help you learn more in less time, without wasting valuable time troubleshooting tech issues or waiting for other attendees to catch up.
If you have any questions about the event, please email techtreks [at] allplan.com
- How to start a new project in SDS2 2024
- Avoid common pitfalls like copying from an old version
Customizing your workspace
- Quick introduction to the new interface
- Set up the shortcut menu, shortcut keys, and toolbars how you like them
- How to approach a project and check the model
- Explore the pour stop tool and other tools and components
- Understand user vs system piecemarks and where to change them
- Navigate selection lists
- Utilize assemblies and the assembly editor
- Model faster and smarter with the new material fit operations
Import and export
- How to import different types of models and drawings
- Project transfer and backups
- Using the new task scheduler
- Utilizing modular custom properties
- See related new tools like the erection order plugin
- How to identify common problems in your model
- Techniques for avoiding and fixing common pitfalls
Top SDS2 Toolbox items
- Get up-to-date with the latest MRP integrations
- Streamline fabrication with dedicated exports to automated equipment providers
- See other useful tools to speed up your workflows
- Time permitting, instructors may cover additional topics according to audience preferences or questions
senior Technical Consultant
Matt is a senior technical consultant for SDS2 by ALLPLAN with over 30 years of experience in the steel fabrication industry. Before joining SDS2, he worked as a chief draftsman at an AISC-certified design-build fabricator and has experience in all aspects of steel construction, from detailing structural and miscellaneous steel to project management, estimating, fabrication, and erection.
Jordan is a technical consultant for SDS2 by ALLPLAN. Before joining the company, he worked as a detailer, gaining real-world knowledge of SDS2 while earning his associate’s degree in computer science. Outside of work, he can be found spending time with his dog, friends, and family. He enjoys playing and watching all sports as well as hiking in the mountains of Wyoming, watching movies, and trying out new skills.